Over a 6 week process, I got to know 10 girls very well, and I am very proud of the work that they did for planning the garden. I thought the pictures would have the most impact if they were shared in a before and after sequence, as well as some photos on how the rain garden actually functioned during the summer of 2014. We are hopefully going to be adding grasses to keep the mulch from floating away.
If you want more information on the process, see the blog posts.
- Week 1 and 2: Rain Gardens, Hydrology, and Soil Science
- Week 3: Soil Erosion and Stormwater Flow
- Week 4: Preliminary Planning Stages
- Week 5: Nursery, Final Planning
- Good Earth Adventures Part 1
- Good Earth Adventures Part 2