Mandy accidentally stumbled into soil science on a Junior study abroad experience at the Scottish Agricultural College. Since then, she has gone out of her way to get as many diverse research experiences as possible in as many different geoscience experiences possible. She has worked in several different places, and many different countries, making invaluable contacts, and amazing friends.
More Information About Research
Mandy’s Domestic Research Locations
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC : PhD Student. August 2011- Present
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS: Masters Student. August 2009 – January 2011
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK: Summer Research Intern. May 2009 – August 2009
- St. Croix Institute For Community Sustainability, River Falls, WI. Research Intern. March 2008-January 2010
- United States Department of Agriculture, ARS, Morris, MN: Biological Lab Assistant. May 2008 – September 2008
- United States Department of Agriculture, Research Services, St. Paul, MN: Biological Lab Assistant. August 2007 – January 2010.
Here are the places that I have worked in Europe
- Ghent University, Gent, Belgium: February 2011 – July 2011
- Scottish Agricultural College: Crop and Soil Systems Group, Edinburgh, Scotland. September 2006- May 2007
And here is where I was working in New Zealand
- Massey University, Palmerston North, NZ. Research Intern. November 2008 – January 2009.