The Soils Dress: Part 3

One layer looked really good, but we decided to add more volume. For the batchelorette party, Sam, Courtney, Kristin, and I got together and went to Durham scrap exchange to pick up some more decorative fabrics to incorporate an individual touch into my dress.

image

We then haphazardly pinned these fabrics to all different parts of the dress, and attached them with the quilting foot.

image

After that, we attached a bunch of small scraps to the top of the dress, covering the top of the panels (Clark was keeping this project warm).

Everything came together really well, and I really loved getting married in my soil dress.

image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s