It has been a few weeks in coming, as I have been really busy. The entire dimension is 8′ x 3′ (for a total square footage of 24 feet). Only 6.5 feet are outside, with a nice 1.5′ x 3′ area indoors, for them to cuddle in if need be. There are also several igloos, stumps, and hiding holes so they can feel safe, no matter where they are.
And yes, I am fully aware that green doesn’t necessarily stay cool, but they are going to spend a majority of their day in the shade trees, including the hot afternoons. There will also be a shade canopy placed up over the gate (once the roof is done). It was the only paint that I had, and I was trying to purchase as little as possible (less than $50 worth of supplies).
Inside of their house has a plywood floor, so I cut up a sheet of linoleum flooring (the cheap kind), and placed it on the floor over the sawdust, to make for easy clean up.
I still need to get the door hatch on the roof of the cage built and connected, and the roof of the hutch on (once I find the best materials). They are currently under plywood, a tarp, and a heavy soil filled planter (making sure that they are secure from birds). The entire thing is surrounded by 1/2″ hardware cloth (for snake protection, etc.).