So, it is about time to eat little bunny. I wanted to BBQ the whole bunny on the grill, but, I didn’t have the capability to grill at my apartment complex (yet another reason to get a house). Anyways, I decided to oven roast the 5 + lb fryer and stuff it with Rosemary and Thyme stuffing.
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Rosemary Stuffing
- 1/2 c Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c beer (optional, I used homemade breakfast dunkel)
Rosemary and Thyme Stuffing
- 4 c bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs chopped onions
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
3. Cook uncovered in the oven between 50 min and 1.5 hours (depending on size) until tender.
4. While in the oven, baste with 1/2 c chicken broth. When the pan becomes drier, baste with beer (optional).
5. When the rabbit becomes tender, it is done, remove from the oven, and enjoy.