I love Indian food! And I wanted a recipe that I could grab and go. Enter Channa masala! Usually a vegetarian recipe, I added rabbit that I had laying around for protein.
-1 lb meat of your choice
-2 onion, chopped
-2 tomatoes, chopped1
-2″ piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
-8 cloves garlic, chopped, or more to taste
-1 green jalapeno, seeded and chopped -6 tablespoons olive oil
-1 6 oz can of tomato paste
-2 teaspoon chili powder
-2 teaspoon coriander powder
-2 teaspoon garam masala
-1 teaspoon turmeric powder
-1 teaspoon salt to taste
-2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas undrained -fresh cilantro leaves (I used half a bunch, but I looove cilantro).
1. Grind onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, and chile pepper together in a food processor
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the blended mix into the skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato paste. Stir it in.
3. Season the mixture with chili powder, coriander, powder, gram masala, turmeric, and salt; cook and stir until very hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas and water into the skillet, let simmer until meat is ready.
5. Cut up and brown meat in another skillet. Add to the simmering mix.
Eat once meat is fully cooked, or can!
6. Put in sanitized pint jars (4 of them) and finger tighten the lids.
7. Process at 75 min at 11 lbs according to your pressure canner.
8. Remove, let cool, and check for seal.
9. Open and reheat when hungry!