Had company over last night so I could introduce the dogs to distractions. I also love to entertain, and make homemade things for my friends. So I decided to marinade the rabbit in lemon and garlic for two hours. I got the idea from a Rabbit Hunting Forum, and adjusted the recipe.
Anyways, I had three of the rear parts of the rabbits (saddles and hindquarters). I cut them into nine pieces (three saddles, and six legs) before marinading for 2 hours.
Time, 2 hours and 25 minutes
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 rabbit hindquarters, in pieces.
- In a 9″ x 13″ glass pyrex, shave off the lemon rind and then squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mince the garlic into pieces, and stir it in to the lemon juice.
- Add the olive oil, rosemary, thyme ,and mix together.
- Place the rabbit on the pyrex, and drizzle the chicken with marinade.
- Let sit for 2 hours or so.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and put the rabbit in.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the rabbit and drizzling the marinade over the top every 5-7 minutes until done.
- Turn on the broiler for 5 minutes to brown the rabbit.
I served it with raw veggies and homemade spent grain bread.