8 cup Stock
2 Onion (quartered)
5 cloves garlic
3 Star anise
2 stick Cinnamon
4Thick slices ginger1
4 rabbit front ends
1 tbsp Fish sauce
1 tsp Lime juice
200 g Vericelli Noodles
1cup Bean sprouts (trimmed)
Cilantro leaves (to serve)
1. Place the stock in a crock pot with 2 cups water, garlic, onion, star anise, cinnamon, ginger, rabbit and fish sauce.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours until the rabbit is cooked through.
3. Once fully cooked, place the crock pot into the refrigerator. Once cold, strain the stock through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Reserve the rabbit and discard the remaining spices etc.
4. Shred the meat and set aside.
5. Place the stock over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the lime juice and shredded meat.
6. Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes until softened. Drain.
7. Divide the noodles between serving bowls. Spoon over stock then top with meat, bean sprouts and cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.